Garlic Scapes – Certified Organic (Ships in June)
$24.99 – $425.00
NOW SHIPPING (6/18/22) Fresh farm picked and shipped right to your door in June annually! Free Shipping!
Certified Organic Fresh Garlic Scapes – NOW SHIPPING
Fresh farm picked and shipped right to your door in June annually! Free Shipping! WE ARE NOW SHIPPING GARLIC SCAPES (6/18/22)
In June annually, we pick our garlic scapes fresh. They are boxed and shipped the next day to arrive at your door within 3-4 days. The scapes should then be eaten or put into a bag and refrigerated in the crisper drawer . If using brown paper one fold to close is fine, if using plastic bag we suggest leaving it OPEN (don’t enclose or allow condensation in the bag). Store for up to a few months. This is fresh produce, so please open your box immediately This only ships once a year in mid-late June. You can eat on them through the summer and feel free to check out our Garlic Scape Recipes page for ideas on different ways to use them.
For foodies interested in the Low FODMAP diet, garlic scapes can be added to recipes, sautéed, eaten on their own and they can be made preserved so that they can be eaten year round. We also have freeze dried garlic scapes and other garlic scape seasonings. *Monash University has lab tested garlic scapes – called ‘Garlic Shoots’ in the app – and they state that a low FODMAP serving is is 30 g.
What are Garlic Scapes? A Springtime Treat!
See our blog post on Garlic Scapes!
- Toss with Pasta
- Mix 2T-4T with cream cheese for a cracker spread
- Mix 3T with cream cheese and mix with pasta for an alfredo sauce
- Wisk in Olive oil with 1t of mustard for vinaigrette.
- Mix 1t in Olive oil and dip fresh bread into
- Mix 1t in Olive Oil and spread on French bread to make garlic bread
- Mix 1T into spaghetti sauce for more flavoring
- Put pesto into large cooked pasta shells, pour spaghetti sauce over shells, add Mozzarella cheese, and bake.
- Spread on pizza crust and add cheese
- Use as a sandwich spread on Chicken and grill or bake
- Use as a layer in lasagna Wisk into eggs for Quiche
- Cut into 2-inch lengths and sauté in olive oil or butter over medium heat, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Add scapes to your favorite stir-fry dishes.
Chop and add raw to salads.
Preserve them by using the Dilly Bean canning recipe found in many canning cookbooks.
Chop in a food processor into small bits and put in ice cube trays to use as a seasoning.
Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper and put on the grill.
Add to pickled beets or cucumbers.
Steam and dress with a bit of lemon juice.
Make garlic scape pesto (see recipe).
Slice and sprinkle over any pasta.
Slice and add to most any sauce.
Chop and add to guacamole or fresh salsa.
Chop and mix with softened cream cheese or butter for a unique spread for sandwiches or bagels.
Use chopped fresh scapes as a garnish for tomato or potato soup.
Add chopped scapes to vegetable soups and stews toward the end of cooking time.
Use in recipes as a substitute for green onions.
Add to toppings for bruschetta or pizza.
Place in lightly oiled pan and add salt to taste. Cover and roast for 30 to 45 minutes until beginning to turn brown. Serve as a side dish.
Add to egg dishes or mashed potatoes.
2lb, 4lb, 5lb, 10lb, 25lb, 50lb, 100lb
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.