- Fall Planting(99)
- Spring Planting Organic Garlic, Vegetables, and More(47)
- Potatoes - Certified Organic(17)
- Garlic Scapes(1)
- Cover crop Seeds(0)
- Garden Supplies(26)
- Garden Tools(12)
- Garden Supplies(2)
- Kitchen Gadgets(0)
- Kitchen Tools(0)
Organic Shallots for Spring Planting
Keene Garlic now offers both Organic Shallot Transplants and Sets for spring planting.
Keene Garlic Seasonal Order Shipping Guide
SHALLOT TRANSPLANTS – Greenhouse grown Organic Conservor Shallot Transplants are ready for you to plant into your garden in the spring for a summer/early fall harvest. Conservor shallots don’t typically divide, however, grows into a elongated red-copper long storing bulb. April Shipping!
SHALLOT SETS – Shallot sets are bulbs that are planted into your garden in the spring for a summer/early fall harvest. A dividing shallot that produces clusters of shallots that can store longer than a year.
Shipping begins in March!
Keene Garlic’s Certified Organic Shallots are easy to grow! Shallot Transplants & Shallot Sets are ready to plant for a more successful and quicker harvest than growing by seed.
- WHY GROW SHALLOTS? – Shallots have a wonderful onion/garlic flavor that adds a perfect gourmet taste to your kitchen. Sauté garlic, onions & shallots together for a phenomenal tasting base to many dishes! They are just as lovely in homemade vinaigrette or grated into other salads for that onion flavor that does not overwhelm.
- EASY TO GROW! –
- Plant in the fall or the spring similar to garlic.
- Our transplants will produce a bulb from each plant which are larger elongated bulbs that are easy to peel with interior rings.
- Our shallots sets are clusters that are divided apart and planted individually. Each bulb creates a cluster of shallots at harvest. Plant 4-6 inches apart with pointy side up and root side down into fertilized soil, apply mulch and then water. About 100 days to harvest.
Keene Garlic works with small organic farmers in our region that produce some of the best quality products such as garlic, onions, potatoes, and shallots. Our experienced farmers have been growing for generations to share top notch products for your gardens, farm, and growing pleasure. When you purchase from Keene Garlic you are supporting small organic family farms, and you are making a difference!
Showing all 3 results