Conservor Shallot Transplants – Certified Organic
$14.99 – $49.99
Place Your Spring Pre-Order Now! Transplants Ship Only Mid-April.
Conservor Shallot Transplants Certified Organic
Our Certified Organic Conservor Shallot Transplants are a rare find! Conservor Shallots have reddish-copper elongated tear drop shaped bulbs with excellent storage potential. They have a versatile flavor that is lovely sautéed or served raw in salad dressing. Tends to produce a larger percentage of single bulbs than traditional shallots. Known for excellent yield and performance. Well adapted to Mid-Northern states.
- SHALLOT DETAILS:
- French Shallots with Great Flavor
- Reddish Copper Skins with a Pink Outer Flesh and Cream-Colored Interior Rings
- 110 Days From Transplant
- Produces Single Teardrop Shaped Shallots
- Long Storage When Well Cured
- TRANSPLANT INFORMATION: Our freshly dug onion, shallot & leek transplants are greenhouse grown on a small family farm & are dormant when shipped. It is normal for them to be a bit pale & slightly dry due to dormancy & shipping. In fact, they are very hardy & can live off of the bulb for approximately three weeks. Generally, we recommend planting within one week of receiving. These healthy transplants will thrive if well cared for.
- SHIPPING INFORMATION: We ship all dormant transplants Mid-April. For best results, plant as soon as you can or within a week. Keep in a cool, dry area until planting.
- REGIONAL ONION PLANTING: Our shallots are well-adapted for mid-northern states, latitude range 35-45°. If your region requires earlier planting, consider our Certified Organic Shallot Sets that begin shipping early March. If you require shallot sets/plants earlier than March, we recommend finding a source closer to your region. For more information, see our Keene Garlic Seasonal Order Shipping Guide.
Basic Shallot Growing Info
Sun Requirement: Shallots require full sun – the more the better! Therefore, avoid planting next to crops that might shade your onions.
Soil Fertility: Adding compost or a balanced organic fertilizer is essential for growing healthy shallots, especially if your soil fertility is low. For the best growth and yield, shallots need fertilizer at planting time and additional side dressing throughout the growing season. Our Keene Garlic Fertilizer is great for all alliums!
Planting: Shallots grow best on raised beds or raised rows at least 4″ high. It is typical to plant shallots as early as 4 to 6 weeks before the last estimated spring frost. Plant each bulb 4-6 inches apart with pointy side up and root side down into fertilized soil. Apply mulch and then water.
***For detailed instructions on how to grow onions & shallots from planting to fertilizing, all the way to harvest/storage, see this post on our blog: Keene Garlic Onion Planting Guide
Onion, Shallot & Leek Transplants ship Mid-April ONLY.
***For more information about the shipping of our products, see the Keene Garlic Seasonal Order Shipping Guide.
*It is the purchaser’s responsibility to assure items selected will grow in their USDA hardiness zone and to choose appropriate ship dates. Local Extension offices are great resources for gardening information specific to each region and are highly recommended.
ABOUT US: Keene Garlic works closely with small organic farmers who have been growing for generations to produce top notch products for your garden or homestead. We personally have had continued success with these high-quality spring products for years and are delighted to share our favorites with you. When you purchase from Keene Garlic you are supporting small organic family farms, and you are making a difference!
|Number of Transplants
25 Transplants, 50 Transplants, 75 Transplants, 100 Transplants
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
Product RetiredReturn Unlikely
Redwing Onion Transplants- Certified Organic$14.99 – $49.99 Select options
Organic Garlic Fertilizer 5-2-2$24.99 – $129.99 Select options
For Spring Planting
Candy Onion Transplants – Certified Organic$14.99 – $49.99 Select options
For Spring Planting
Cipollini Gold Coin Onion Transplants- Certified Organic$14.99 – $49.99 Select options