Season-Long Seed Potato Sampler- Organic
$18.99 – $39.99
Place Your Spring Pre-Order Now! Shipping begins Late February.
Organic Season-Long Seed Potato Sampler
A collection of 3 varieties of seed potatoes to extend your harvest window.
Our Season-Long Seed Potato Sampler – Organic collection includes 3 different varieties that are harvested at staggered times throughout the season. You’ll get one early season, one mid-season & one mid-late season variety to keep you in fresh potatoes for several weeks. You may get a mix of full-sized potatoes and fingerlings. We package and label with basic growing information so you know when to harvest each one. This is also a great way to find out which variety grows best for you and your region.
- Early, Mid & Late Season Potatoes
- Easy & fun to grow!
- 3 different varieties with varying harvest times.
- Extend your potato harvest season.
- Learn which potato works best for your soil.
ORGANIC & HOMEGROWN: Our seed potatoes are grown on a small organic family farm in Wisconsin & are double certified. Certified Organic by MOSA and also certified by the Wisconsin Seed Potato Certification Program to bring gardeners the healthiest, disease-free potatoes without varietal mixture.
SEED POTATO ARRIVAL: Organic Season-Long Seed Potato Sampler will arrive in a netted bags labeled by variety. Seed potatoes aren’t always pretty and may have slight shriveling, sprouting or minor blemishes. This is completely normal and will not affect the potato’s performance. If you will not be planting within 2 weeks of arrival, remove the potatoes from the netted bag and store seed in a cool, dark place.
Basic Potato Growing Information
- Location: Potatoes like full sun coupled with fertile, well-drained soil. Equally important, keeping the weeds at bay assures a good crop.
- Water: Potatoes need ~1″ of water per week, consistent watering is key. Discontinue watering when plants die back.
- Planting Time: Potatoes can be planted as soon as the ground can be worked, although some folks wait a bit to make sure the soil is not too wet. Soil temp around 45F is ideal. This time will vary by region. (In Wisconsin, we aim to get our potatoes in by the end of April.) Check with your local Extension office for information specific to your area. Potatoes can tolerate a light frost, however, they may need protection if there is a hard, late frost.
- Bed Feet per Pound: 1-lb bag plants approximately 6-8 row feet, depending on the variety. If a seed potato is over 1 inch in diameter, you can cut them into pieces. Leave 1 – 2 eyes per piece. Average is 6-8 pieces/lb., more for Fingerlings. Average planting rate: 10-12″ apart, in rows 30-36″ apart.
- Easy to Grow: Potatoes are very adaptable, therefore, will almost always grow a respectable crop even when conditions are not perfect.
How to Plant and Harvest Potatoes
For more information, including how-to photos, see our Potato Planting blog. Step-by-step planting instructions will also be provided with your order.
Organic seed potato shipping starts in Late February. Choose your ship date upon checkout.
***For more information about the shipping of our products, see the Keene Garlic Seasonal Order Shipping Guide.
*It is the purchaser’s responsibility to assure items selected will grow in their USDA hardiness zone and to choose appropriate ship dates. Local Extension offices are great resources for gardening information specific to each region and are highly recommended.
ABOUT US: Keene Garlic works closely with small organic farmers who have been growing for generations to produce top notch products for your garden or homestead. We personally have had continued success with these high-quality spring products for years and are delighted to share our favorites with you. When you purchase from Keene Garlic you are supporting small organic family farms, and you are making a difference!
3lb, 6lb, 9lb
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.