Austrian Crescent Fingerling Seed Potato – Organic
$11.99 – $47.99
Place Your Spring Pre-Order Now! Shipping begins Late February.
Austrian Crescent Fingerling Seed Potato
Organic Austrian Crescent Fingerling Seed Potato
Austrian Crescent Fingerling Seed Potato is a mid-season Fingerling with fantastic yields of long, crescent-shaped tubers. Some can be impressively long growing up to 10 inches! With a firm waxy and buttery texture it is very likely they will get eaten up quickly by roasting or steaming them. They also can be stored with good results. Try them paired with Magic Molly & French Fingerling for a colorful display. Fun to grow & even more pleasure to eat!
- Mid Season Potatoes
- 80-100 days
- Yellow Skin & Cream Flesh
- Good Storage
- High Yields
ORGANIC & HOMEGROWN: Our seed potatoes are grown on a small organic family farm in Wisconsin & are double certified. Certified Organic by MOSA and also certified by the Wisconsin Seed Potato Certification Program to bring gardeners the healthiest, disease-free potatoes without varietal mixture.
SEED POTATO ARRIVAL: Organic Seed Potatoes will arrive in a netted bag labeled by variety. Seed potatoes aren’t always pretty and may have slight shriveling, sprouting or minor blemishes. This is completely normal and will not affect the potato’s performance. If you will not be planting within 2 weeks of arrival, remove the potatoes from the netted bag and store seed in a cool, dark place.
Basic Potato Growing Information
- Location: Potatoes like full sun coupled with fertile, well-drained soil. Equally important, keeping the weeds at bay assures a good crop.
- Water: Potatoes need ~1″ of water per week, consistent watering is key. Discontinue watering when plants die back.
- Planting Time: Potatoes can be planted as soon as the ground can be worked, although some folks wait a bit to make sure the soil is not too wet. Soil temp around 45F is ideal. This time will vary by region. (In Wisconsin, we aim to get our potatoes in by the end of April.) Check with your local Extension office for information specific to your area. Potatoes can tolerate a light frost, however, they may need protection if there is a hard, late frost.
- Bed Feet per Pound: 1-lb bag plants approximately 10-14 row feet, depending on the variety. If a seed potato is over 1 inch in diameter, you can cut them into pieces. Leave 1 – 2 eyes per piece. Average is 10-14 pieces/lb. with average planting rate: 10-12″ apart, in rows 30-36″ apart.
- Easy to Grow: Potatoes are very adaptable, therefore, will almost always grow a respectable crop even when conditions are not perfect.
How to Plant and Harvest Potatoes
For more information, including how-to photos, see our Potato Planting blog. Step-by-step planting instructions will also be provided with your order.
Organic seed potato shipping starts in Late February. Choose your ship date upon checkout.
***For more information about the shipping of our products, see the Keene Garlic Seasonal Order Shipping Guide.
*It is the purchaser’s responsibility to assure items selected will grow in their USDA hardiness zone and to choose appropriate ship dates. Local Extension offices are great resources for gardening information specific to each region and are highly recommended.
ABOUT US: Keene Garlic works closely with small organic farmers who have been growing for generations to produce top notch products for your garden or homestead. We personally have had continued success with these high-quality spring products for years and are delighted to share our favorites with you. When you purchase from Keene Garlic you are supporting small organic family farms, and you are making a difference!
1lb, 3lb, 5lb, 10lb
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
For Spring Planting
Conservor Shallot Transplants – Certified Organic$14.99 – $49.99 Select options
For Spring Planting
Magic Molly Fingerling Seed Potatoes – Organic$11.99 – $47.99 Select options
For Spring Planting
French Fingerling Seed Potato – Organic$11.99 – $47.99 Select options
Scapes Ship in June
Garlic Scapes Certified Organic$28.99 – $499.99 Select options